For some reason, the second my head hits the pillow the the goal to fall asleep, my mind decides to run. It runs from one thought to another, kind of like free association writing, only it only thinks. One though to another. It is like if someone asked my mind to say anything and everything it can. I even tried meditating last night with a mantra that I learned from "Eat, Love, Pray." I don't think mediation works when thinking about sleeping. Here is a long list of what my mind thought about, just last night.
1. My hair is long
2. I need a hair cut
3. I wonder if I can schedule a hair cut
4. Meditate, breath, meditate
5. Im so tired
6. My neck hurts
7. My leg itches
8. I wish I could sleep, this sucks
9. Hopefully I am not missing out on jobs that are miraculously posted online
10. Why cant I get a job
11. Jen wanted to publish her book
12. Can I help her with that?
13. My neck hurts
14. I spent too much money today
15. Why do I spend money on crap I dont need
16. I should be able to spend money, I mean, I cant not ever buy anything
17. If I can't sleep then I should go read, but the light will be too bright
18. If we had a bigger apartment I could go in the other room and read
19. It's so hot!
AND SO ON!
I didn't fall asleep until 2 when eventually I went out in the living room and slept on the couch.