Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer Time

Summer is approaching quickly with southern California temperatures hitting low to mid 90's. Last year at this same time I was nothing but busy. Matt and I had just moved into our apartment and we were still getting settled, in the midst of mental breakdowns I was having over lamp shopping, I was diligently studying for all three CSET's, working at the restaurant; just having left a full time job with a consistent paycheck, and taking three summer school classes. Nothing short of a busy little worker bee with little time to see the ocean and the sun.

This summer is different. No tests to study for. No lamp shopping to be done. No classes to be taken. Not even a full time job as tips from my 5 5hour shifts at the restaurant can pay the bills. So what do I do? Here are some different pseudo goals I have: (in no particular order)

1. Read a book every two weeks. My library needs to grow for this goal to be accomplished but I do have friends and family to borrow from and there is always the public library.

2. Hit the gym at least four times a week. With Matt working full time and me sitting around taking care of the house, reading, and doing whatever else I should have time to hit the gym for at least an hour. Plus! The gym is NEVER busy in the middle of the day!!

3. Make an effort to learn to cook.

4. Get my credential

5. Find a job!

So that is that. Wish me luck.

No comments: